Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Here we go...

Hey everyone! I've never been a huge fan of blogs, but I figure this is as good a time as any to start. Tomorrow morning I will be heading to Philly for Staging, which is basically an orientation. Here I will be with my fellow trainees and Peace Corps personnel, learning about what's to be expected. We will be spending the night there and on Thursday head to JFK for our flight to Yaounde, Cameroon.

Am I excited? absolutely. Am I terrified? definitely. I have been battling a constant state of anxiety since most of the goodbyes began. However, this adventure (which is one of the best ways I can describe it) will no doubt be unbelievable. I will just try to see, learn, help, and have as much fun as possible along the way. A lot of people have asked me why I chose to do this, and the best answer I can give is that it is just too good to pass up. I would regret not going, not seeing and learning a new culture, having new adventures, seeing new faces, and maybe even helping as I go. The question, really, is why wouldn't I want to go.

This does not mean that I don't currently feel that nausea and back of the throat feeling after my goodbyes. I truly love my family and friends soo much and thank them all for supporting me. I will miss you all very much but will stay in touch the best I can, and please, you do the same! Thanks for everything!

1 comment:

  1. I'm officially the first "follower" of your blog... I know how this whole blog thing works, I got your back :o)
    I can't wait to hear all about your adventures, I'm so proud of you. Changing the world one big leap of faith at a time!

    Love you!!
    Kerr

    ReplyDelete