Monday, October 11, 2010

mice, bugs, and craziness

Hey! So, once again, sorry about the lack of blogs. I don't have too much time, so lets see what I can get out. Recently, the Chief of Lable invited the trainees in Nyamsung and Lable to a dinner at his place. The dinner was a great excuse for all of the people in the village to let loose and have a good time. A few beers, a cocoa bean, some great food and good company led to a legit party. I unintentionally also ended up in a dance off with a Cameroonian haha. He had come over to a friend and I, started dancing then walked away. My friend and I decided that we wanted to learn these new and bizarre dance moves, so I called him over. Before I knew it I was in the middle of a circle looking like I was in a cock fight. With my head bobbing and doing the erratic dance moves he was dancing, I think I actually won. Personally, I'd say it was a tie.

Another night was interesting as well but on a whole other level. I have a creature that was in my room and ate my ramen noodles. To save my mac n cheese from this demon creature I decided to stay up all night in the comfort of my mosquito net, and shine my flashlight at any noise. This worked well, my mac n cheese is safe. however the demon mouse who scales walls is still proving to be a worthy opponent. Ok.... its 7:30am and I'm late for french class. Until later.... Miss everyone!! I'll try to blog soon!

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA Linds, you are crazy. Remind me one day to teach you the ostrich-mating-dance move that I learned in South Africa (and by learned I mean created with my friends) :o)

    and good luck with Mickey...

    LOVE YOU! I'll try to Skype call soon! I've had a crazy couple of days in the city for classes so it's bit a been hectic but once I'm home for the rest of the week maybe I'll catch you at a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay...now we know why the packing list included several plastic containers, obviously to keep the food from 'Mickey' and other critters!!

    Love and Miss you soooo much...can't wait to talk soon!

    ReplyDelete